Thursday, June 30, 2011

Had to share

I know I posted earlier tonight but I just had to share a memory with you.  My first BFF was a little girl named Mustang Sally.  Yes she was a dog.  But she was an awesome dog.  She was a total of three pounds.  She loved tomatoes.  Which is the real reason I why I plant tomatoes.  Yes I like them too, but they remind me so much of her.  She used to play with the cherry tomatoes like they were a ball, her size ball.  When she had popped the skin in playing to rough with it she would eat it.  While we stayed with my parents, my dad made her a leash tied to the porch. Within reach of the place my mom planted her tomato plants.  Well you can only imagine what happened, Mom went out to water her plant and found it nothing but a nub sticking out of the ground.  Sally had not only eaten the tomatoes but the plant and all.  My mom was not thrilled.  Needless to say I hurried to Lowe's bought another plant and my dad built a fence around it. But we would still give her a tomato when we picked them.  So this tomato is for you my Sally girl.



                                                         first one of the season




Until we meet again . . . Cindy


I found a picture of Sally.

No comments:

Post a Comment